Current openings as of April 29, 2019
This position provides individual/family therapy and supervised visits to families and children involved with Department of Child Services and Probation. Services are structured, goal-oriented, time-limited therapy in the natural home environment, community, or office of families who need assistance recovering from physical, sexual, emotional abuse, and neglect. Other issues, including substance abuse, mental illness, personality/behavior disorder, developmental disability, dysfunctional family of origin, and current family dysfunction, may be addressed in the course of treating the abuse/neglect. Service area includes Allen, Adams, DeKalb, Huntington, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, Wells, and Whitley Counties. Full and part-time position available. Must have the flexibility to work some evenings and weekends. You schedule appointments with family. Competitive salary, retention/incentive pay, flexible work schedule, laptop, cell phone, and .51/mileage provided.
A Master’s or Doctorate degree with a current license (Social Worker, Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family therapist, Mental Health Counselor, Marriage and Family therapist Associate, or Mental Health Counselor Associate). Or a Master’s degree with licensure eligible.
Home Based Case Manager
This job description describes the typical responsibilities for the purpose of outlining duties and to determine job classification. It does not limit the Regional Director from assigning other duties as the nature of the agency’s business and needs may change.
General Statement of Duties:
The Home Base Case Manager works under the supervision and direction of the Program Director for the purpose of providing the highest quality of care to children and families. The Home Base Case Manager provides in-home and community based family services, including crisis intervention, counseling, skill building, and advocacy. Maintains a flexible work schedule of 40 hours a week. Available to families 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- A Bachelor Degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or a directly-related human service field from an accredited college and two years social service experience. MSW/MA welcome to apply.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Commitment to the vision, values and mission of the agency.
- Knowledge of child abuse and neglect, and child and adult development.
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to work as a team member.
- Belief in helping clients change their circumstances not just adapt to them.
- Belief in adoption as a viable means to build families.
- Understanding regarding issues to are specific and unique to adoptions such as loss, mismatched expectations and flexibility, loss of familiar surroundings, customs and traditions of the child’s culture, entitlement, gratification delaying, flexible parental roles and humor.
- Maintain client confidentiality and confidentiality of all agency records and information.
- Ability to work with diverse individuals.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention, communication, parenting skills, and cognitive and behavioral interventions.
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and Internet. Able to write reports and treatment plans.
- Must live in designated service area.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and policies governing home-based programs, with the ability to uphold such accordingly.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, supervisor, clients/families, personnel, and officials from referring agencies.
- Exhibit an ability to effectively predict, recognize and/or assess potentially dangerous situations and/or persons, with ability to take appropriate action and resolve conflicts that can be violent and physical in nature.
- Ability to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the job requirements.
- Demonstrate personal integrity and sound judgment.
Competitive salary, health coverage benefits and life insurance, flexible work schedule, laptop, cell phone, and .51/mileage provided.